Sheridan understands the ASC business, providing anesthesia to 40 centers nationwide. We offer the perfect balance of clinical and operational expertise, and all operational services needed to run your ASC are handled by us, in-house, including staffing, scheduling, human resource functions, contracting and revenue cycle management.
Our ASC division has its own management team, including a physician oversight committee that establishes policies and directly assists ASCs in service. We provide a dedicated director of anesthesia and a team of locally recruited clinicians to accommodate your growth plan.
- We have a philosophy of being in-network with all payors. In fact, we have national contracts that assure that we work productively as in-network providers so that patients rarely see balance billing.
- Our overall quality management process consistently ensures that our team adheres to our clinical quality indicators and evidence-based best practices.
- We improve patient flow and increase productivity with dedicated Post-anesthesia care unit (PACU) coverage.
- We improve post-operative nausea and vomiting (PONV) and discharge time with our evidence-based care techniques.
Dedicated Teams, On-site Leadership
Sheridan assembles the right team to meet your requirements. We provide dedicated on-site leadership for your hospital along with locally recruited clinicians to support growth. The director of anesthesia works closely with the administrator to address the surgeon's needs, and our consistent and dedicated anesthesia team is willing to open rooms and satisfy the surgeons.
Ongoing Quality Measurement and Management
With proven quality metrics in place, our teams define problems and work collaboratively with hospital staff and management to improve processes and achieve goals.
- Adoption of the WHO Surgical Safety Checklist
- Compliance with Hospital Outpatient Prospective Payment System (HOPPS) for Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS)
- Monitoring of Antibiotic Timing
- Clinical indicators and outcomes collected through our cAre Tool Program for Ambulatory Surgery Center reporting:
- Patient Burn
- Patient Fall
- Wrong Site, Side, Patient, Procedure, Implant
- Hospital Admission/Transfer
- Prophylactic IV Antibiotic Timing
- Safe Surgery Checklist Use
- Volume of Certain Procedures
- Influenza Vaccination Among Healthcare Workers
Performance Improvement Plan
- Focuses on care that drives improvement in the delivery of ASC services
- Collects and integrates quality data to improve quality of care
- Validates compliance with regulatory and accrediting bodies
- Promotes best practice clinical algorithms and recommendations
- Committed to ASC-related topics:
- Protocols – Sleep apnea, pediatric pain scale, etc.
- Anesthesia forms – Formatted to promote good documentation practices and enhance data collection
- ASC policy and procedure
DOWNLOAD our Ambulatory Surgery Center Services Brochure.